new magazine "living wood"

vaguely woodworking

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

new magazine "living wood"

Postby robin wood » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:09 pm

New woody magazine may be of interest to some. If you sign up by following the link at the bottom of this message they will send you a free copy, I just got mine and its pretty good. Not sure if I would be paying £3.75 a copy but their opening offer of 6 issues for £15 delivered is good and I feel it is worth supporting.

Editor Nick Gibbs was at the AGM and there are several photos in the Mag along with an obituary on John Brown, an interesting tree top walkway at Kew etc.

P35 has Mike on his new wooden motorbike, just got to add the wheels and its done.

http://britishwoodworking.com/Living%20Woods.html
http://www.robin-wood.co.uk bowls, books and courses
robin wood
Regular

Postby Paul Booker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank you for the link Robin. It would certainly help to fill a gap.

Paul
Paul Booker

Re: new magazine "living wood"

Postby SeanHellman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:29 pm

I have just got my second issue, great stuff. I think Nick is still finding his way with the mag, but every article has some interest to me. I am glad I subscribed when I saw him at the Festival of the Tree. If it is going to survive he needs more subscribers, so get to it folks.
"Scarcely anything is original- it`s very hard to be totally inventive, so I am not terribly interested in originality. Vitality is all I care about" Clive James
Green wood courses, tools, demonstrations.
http://www.seanhellman.com/woodwork/
SeanHellman
Regular

Postby kees » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:33 pm

New issues of living wood magazine in 2015??
kees

Postby SeanHellman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Nick is still recovering from a very nasty accident. From what he said, he was put in a coma for some weeks and for every week you are under it can take a year to get back to normal. I hope Nick will resume the magazine and keep his other ones going. The magazines are some of the best published in the UK. He certainly put a huge amount of work into them.
"Scarcely anything is original- it`s very hard to be totally inventive, so I am not terribly interested in originality. Vitality is all I care about" Clive James
Green wood courses, tools, demonstrations.
http://www.seanhellman.com/woodwork/
SeanHellman
Regular

Postby kees » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 am

Thanks for the update.

(Saw a reminder in itunesstore to renew...)
kees

Postby redsquirrel » Mon May 18, 2015 3:54 pm

I met Nick at the Wierd and Wonderful this weekend, and bought a copy of the magazine, which I read through while I had something to munch at the show. I went straight back to see Nick and took out a 3 month subscription. To me, the format and content is outstanding. For one, it was great to read a magazine not printed on glossy paper, where the glare obscures the pages.

For those who haven't seen it yet, look here. Given the efforts Nick is making, you might like to have a look at the Crowdfunder link on the page too. It would be a pity this magazine disappeared through lack of support, and that might be a good way of showing it.

PS,

Mike's on page 48 of the latest issue..........
redsquirrel
Regular

Postby Ian G » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:29 am

Just been given 30 back issues of Living Wood from a friend to have a wee look through. What a brilliant magazine, there's nothing I don't like about it. The layout is very kind on the old eyes. I've only read 3 so far and I've earmarked at least 3-4 project I'm going to give a go. I for one will be subscribing. Any newer members need to check this magazine out.

Ian G
Ian G
Regular

Return to Any other business