The Wooden Bowl

All things bowl turning, hooks, lathes etc..

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

The Wooden Bowl

Postby Spokeshave » Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm

I am about 40 pages into Robin's book, "The Wooden Bowl" and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Like so much of any traditional craft itelf, this book blends the history with the techniques with the materials with the people with the objects, etc. You can't take them apart and have the same richness. Many thanks to Robin and my hearty recommendation to anyone who hasn't read it to do so. It will be one of those books that I read completely, and then go back to again and again to just enjoy and learn something else from each pass through.

- Dale
Spokeshave
Regular

Postby robin wood » Mon May 19, 2008 9:59 am

Glad you are enjoying it Dale, did you finish yet? I wonder if you or anyone else would like to do a review? we don't have one on here yet or on the Bodgers home page book review section.
http://www.robin-wood.co.uk bowls, books and courses
robin wood
Regular

Postby paul atkin » Mon May 19, 2008 12:25 pm

read the book several times, review.... Tis a good book :D
http://paulatkin.co.uk/

{the one with the pole of glee} morrigan 2008
paul atkin
Regular

Postby Spokeshave » Mon May 19, 2008 6:42 pm

robin wood wrote:Glad you are enjoying it Dale, did you finish yet? I wonder if you or anyone else would like to do a review? we don't have one on here yet or on the Bodgers home page book review section.

I haven't finished it yet, as I am weaving it in among other books and other busier-than-usual job/home activities. I'd be happy to write a review when I am finished, though I can't guarantee when that will be. Hopefully in the next 1-2 months at most.

- Dale
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-- Leonardo Da Vinci
Spokeshave
Regular

Return to Bowl turning