some new shrink pots/cans

For all those other associated crafts.

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

some new shrink pots/cans

Postby jarrod stonedahl » Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm

here are a few new shrink pots or canisters.....birch wood with layers of milk paint, slightly burnished. the tallest one is approx 10"

jarrod stonedahl
Regular

Re: some new shrink pots/cans

Postby Paul Thornton 2sheds » Tue May 29, 2012 6:48 pm

they're nice.
tried my first shrink pot making this weekend just gone, not sure whether i had fun or not!

Paul
learning more every day
Paul Thornton 2sheds
Regular

Postby Andrew » Wed May 30, 2012 12:06 am

I saw some shrink pots at the bodgers ball this year and these look amazing, I love the concept and will definitely be adding it too my excessively long list of things to try!
Andrew
Regular

Postby DavidFisher » Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Beautiful work Jarrod. Great texture and carving on the right one. Creates the illusion of a band wrapped around the container. Really interesting.

I noticed the corresponding notches in the lid/container of the blue one. Is this to show where the lid lines up best? If so, that is a great idea. These boxes seldom end up perfectly round, so a tight-fitting lid fits best (or at all) in one particular orientation. Seems like a great way to mark it -- if that is what it is for (I may be way off).
DavidFisher
Regular

Postby jarrod stonedahl » Wed May 30, 2012 5:10 pm

david- yes, that's what the notch is for...still working on the concept though, not sure if i like it...but as you say the lid only fits one way. the carved up yellow is basically a study piece...I was tying out some different ideas i had in my head. I had more but ended up carving it off and left just the texture....
paul-hope you try out again to help make up your mind.
jarrod stonedahl
Regular

Postby ToneWood » Wed May 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Very good. Milk paint?! I've notice several images of partially coloured spoons recently (mainly Swedish I think, might have been Wille's/Peter's) which look v. attractive. I see Jogge is using a lot of colour for the art carvings on his website - it's a very bright, airy, modern website.
ToneWood
Regular

Return to Greenwood crafts