Local group area on the forum

APT&GW is converting to a 'Not for profit company, limited by guarantee'. To help this process this forum is for exchanging ideas and knowledge on this matter.

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Local group area on the forum

Postby cagsley » Mon May 11, 2009 11:41 am

I was wondering wether it may be worth setting up a local group section on the forum? After the AGM I am full of enthusiasm and am considering trying to set up a local group in the Humber region and didn't really know where to put the idea forward to gauge if there is any interest,
I have a friend who is managing a community woodland in Hull and this could be used to meet. I would be happy to have help. I wouldn't be able to commit to 1st sunday etc but if anyone is interested then they can message me.

Craig
cagsley
Regular

Re: Local group area on the forum

Postby Bob_Fleet » Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi Craig

Get in touch with Mike Gordon the local group co-ordinator.
Details on front page and local groups page.
PM some of the local group co-ordinators and chat with them.
Put "Humberside" or something in your profile so locals might contact you after you post each time.

Sounds like a successful weekend getting you all fired up.
http://www.onegoodturn.co.uk

Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top.--Edward Abbey

Come and see us all at http://www.wooplaw.org.uk
Bob_Fleet
Regular

Postby HughSpencer » Tue May 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I try to list the local groups on the main part of the web site and for those who wish, they can have a blog linked from that page to advertise their meetings and post their 'goings on'.
However, if folks think that a local groups section here would be useful perhaps they can PM me or simply reply here. It would be great to get a group going near Hull. Take a look in the Gazette listing of members and see if you can get some of your local folks interested. Meeting in public parkland is a good way of recruiting new members to your local group - its amazing how many folks crawl out of the woodwork when they see a friendly face.

Oh, and Bob, they like to call it East Yortkshire, not Humberside :-)
HughSpencer
Site Admin

Postby R.Sixsmith » Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 pm

HI,
If you need us to help fly the flag with you we will come over from South Yorks and help out with any development days
or give a few Demos with you. Try to get your local media on board ie Radio Local papers etc you will be suprised what comes out of the woodwork. Get involved with Local Gala & Carnivals we do something different so are usually welcomed with open arms.Best of luck.

Cheers Ralph
R.Sixsmith
Regular

Postby cagsley » Thu May 14, 2009 7:10 am

Thanks for the offer Ralph, It would be great. I am supposed to be doing my first Demo at a community woodland shortly and may take this as a chance to meet local folks.

I am going to start emailing out to local over the next couple of weeks.

Craig
cagsley
Regular

Postby HughSpencer » Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Tell folks when and where on this forum, that will mean it gets into the public eye a bit more.
HughSpencer
Site Admin

Postby orchard » Wed May 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Evening all :)

I'm trying to establish a regular Bodging/GW meet in my area (Monmouthshire) for skill share/preservation and to increase participation, and thankfully things appear to be progressing, especially via local community woodland groups :)

I'm an APT&Gw member, we have places to meet, but what criteria do we need to fulfil in order to be a recognised APT&GW group please?
Although we have adequate insurance, is the APT&Gw insurance only for teaching and demo's please?

I'm new to this, so any other advice or help would be much appreciated too, thank you.
Nick
orchard

Return to APT Business Ideas