Axe identification

discussion of anything related to tools

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Re: Axe identification

Postby chipsrod » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:45 am

thank you very much.for the info .no not ward i have a blade or two from them. on vancover island the better part of ower tools are from old blitty. i don,t think i spelt that wright oh well you can,t chuck rocks this far . bill hooks i know what they are i have seen may be two in my life.the trades they were used in i don,t think ever took off on this side of the salt chuck.
chipsrod
Regular

Postby ToneWood » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

English spelling wasn't standardized for hundreds of years, Shakespeare famously didn't even spell his own name consistently. Things have relaxed somewhat here in recent years, schools here now allow US & UK spellings (this forum has an AmE spellchecker). Supposedly "blighty" is roughly derived from an Indian expression, rather than the more obvious blight/mildew that seems to get everywhere here due to the constant dampness :(.
Last edited by ToneWood on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToneWood
Regular

Postby chipsrod » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 am

well it matters not much as to what land the spelling comes from as i have no formal education. then again at times i can not be botherd to check what i have writen.as to damp try living on an island of rain forests you an,t got nuthen on us . i don,t shave off whiskers in the morning it is mould amd fungi. dam life is hard.take care and so much for all the complaning.
chipsrod
Regular

Previous

Return to Tools