Curved Drawknife

discussion of anything related to tools

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Curved Drawknife

Postby Stevenz » Tue May 26, 2015 8:30 am

this might take some explaining but hopefully the concept can be portrayed without to much confusion.
I saw a drawknife being used to shape spindles and form tennons which was shaped like an inverted "U" and sharpened on the inside of the radius.
is this something anybody else has experience or knowledge of.
new member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Curved Drawknife

Postby robgorrell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Was is what we call a scorp over here? But the fact that you say it was being used to make spindles makes me think you are talking about a curved spokeshave. I am going out of town for a couple of weeks but will try to remember to send some images when I get back.
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: West Virginia, USA

Re: Curved Drawknife

Postby gavin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Google scorp then look for images.

You will see this.
Gavin Phillips

- teacher, demonstrator & supporter of greenwoodworking & human-powered turning
- Supplier of Fun & Confidence
User avatar
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: Dalbeattie, near Dumfries, Scotland

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests