Bench and trailer for sale

This forum is for folks who sell things say what they sell and where to buy. Use as a 'signpost' not a 'shopfront'. Posting price lists of your wares is not permitted.

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Forum rules
No long price lists please.
Conduct negotations 'off forum' via the message system

Bench and trailer for sale

Postby goldsmithexile » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:19 am

Is any one interested in having :-
1/ A work bench?
2/ A small trailer?
I sadly need to sell becuase of relocation.
I made the bench several years ago, heavy duty, braced, pegged mortice and tennon construction. Legs and frame from 4x3 and 6x4, top is 2 inch thick, flat (no recessed well) solid and free floating, drilled for the hold downs; includes very strong and powerful leg vice, which opens out to around 6" but could possibly be increased (with a longer bench screw). Also includes a pair of locally forged heavy duty, very effective hold downs (the tap and release type) I think they have a posh French name but cant remember it just now.....LOL this bench has been used, it has quite a few saw marks, paint splashes and general nicks and dings, it isnt a uk workshop showpiece, you can happily split firewood on it if you want....It is still solid as a rock, doesnt move if you plane on it
Dimensions are:-71"L x 26"W x 34"H

The trailer frame was built locally 3 or 4 years ago from angle and box sections. Indespension units, 20" diameter wheels, standard ball hitch. 3/4 inch shuttering Plywood sides and a double floor (which could probably now do with refurb or replacement) Includes a pair of heavy duty galvanised steel mudguards which I never got around to fitting...
Dimensions are 67" x 42" x 24" (Trailer box is 24 inches deep, 36 inches from top of trailer to ground, so it has fairly decent clearance underneath) It will take around 1/3 of a cord of wood. I used it to transport firewood. Was fine behind a 1600 Astra. Steel could do with sandblast/primer/ new top coat, but I havent got any time for it right now. With a little work, could be a real smart piece of kit... :D

£75 Bench
£75 Trailer

Collection (from North Suffolk welcome), sorry unable to personally deliver
Please feel free to PM if you want more detailed info or some photos.
Dear Moderator, I hope I'm not in breach of any rules, forgive me if I am. I just thought my loss could be someone elses gain.... :D

Re: Bench and trailer for sale

Postby gavin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Well if you were in Scotland I'd buy bench.
Bug*r you have to sell either bit of kit - you'll miss both.
My condolences ...
Gavin Phillips

- teacher, demonstrator & supporter of greenwoodworking & human-powered turning
- Supplier of Fun & Confidence

Return to Traders Corner