plane cutters

This forum is for folks who sell things say what they sell and where to buy. Use as a 'signpost' not a 'shopfront'. Posting price lists of your wares is not permitted.

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Forum rules
No long price lists please.
Conduct negotations 'off forum' via the message system

plane cutters

Postby witt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 pm

A friend of mine, a cabinet maker who came out from the famous Boule's school, will sell new old plane cutters (old peugeot and old Goldenberg) produced in an excellent steel years ago. They are of different sizes and edge shapes, a lot of aroud 50 pîeces. I suggested he'll start with a bottom price of 50 euros, what do you think ?

Otherwise i'm thinking about selling the micro axe for what I paid it : 30 euros and about selling a hewing axe which I acquired from Boucard, a beauty. I'done some shopping recently.
witt
Regular

Re: plane cutters

Postby witt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am

What I call plane cutters are plane irons, they are new : the grinding are the initial grinding from the makers, apart from that they' never came in contact with a stone nor a hand plane. Among them are some convex and concave edges. I can ask for pictures.

Pics of Boucard's hewing axe are shown somewhere on one of the forum topic about recommandations for hewing axes. It has a concave edge, which is rare.
witt
Regular

Return to Traders Corner