Driftless Spoon Gathering

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Driftless Spoon Gathering

Postby Mike the Blacksmith » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Driftless Spoon Gathering - 5th Annual
Date: Sept 22-24, 2017 (optional arrival Friday, Sept 22 for camping)
Time: Registration and coffee at 9:00am, demos at 10:00am and throughout the day
Cost: $15/individual or $25/family
Location: La Farge Village Park, La Farge, WI (separate $10/night fee for camping payable to La Farge Village)
In this two day skill-sharing event, spoon carving instructors and carving hobbyists gather together to carve, learn and share techniques. All levels of experience are welcome, and beginners will be well cared for.
Listen to the sound of hatchets hewing and help fill the floor with wood shavings. Enjoy the tradition of a Spoon Pass and the opportunity to purchase spoons, bowls, and tools from artisans. Basic carving knives and sharpening supplies will be available on loan to beginners and also available for purchase. Bring spoon blanks and green wood if you have them, and don’t forget a lunch and snacks to keep you going. Coffee and tea will be available. Bring something for a potluck gathering Saturday evening. Camp in the park Friday and Saturday night, if you like, for community campfire and stories.
And the Facebook address is https://www.facebook.com/Driftless-Spoo ... 916180857/
Having recently joining APT I wish it would be easy to attend the great gatherings you have . I have one that is close to me . Know that the love of green wood is strong in South West Wisconsin.
Mike the Blacksmith
Mike the Blacksmith

Return to Events