Teddy Bear's Picnic In Slough House Wood

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Teddy Bear's Picnic In Slough House Wood

Postby HughSpencer » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Nick and Katie Abbott invite APT&GW members to a Bodger’s weekend in Slough House Wood, Danbury, Essex to be held from Friday evening August 27th to Sunday afternoon August 29th. For those who have not been before there is a large shelter to work in in wet weather. You will need: a tent if you are staying the night, eating and drinking equipment, food and drink to use with it (though meals become very communal affairs so bring food that will mix!), a lathe and/or shaving horse if you have one and some tools. We can supply green wood. We encourage the blacksmiths among you to come along with your gear and we will make charcoal for you.

Please let us know if you are coming, e-mail us at chairs 'at' nkabbott.co.uk and if you’ve not been before we will send you directions
HughSpencer
Site Admin

Re: Teddy Bear's Picnic In Slough House Wood

Postby Baggy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi all

Hope this is the corret place for this.

I was lucky enough to attend this and I had a great time.

It was the first time that I had met real life bodgers and if this bunch is anything to judge by I should have met
some years ago. Friendly, helpful, patient and generous with time, knowledge and use of tools from knives to
pole lathe. I should also mention the food was wonderful, tea and coffee flowed freely and I was sad to leave.
I was carving again withing twenty mins of getting home :-)

So to all those that I met a huge thank you from me.
I was carving again withing twenty mins of getting home :-)

Oh and I now seem to be a member of the Association of Pole-lathe Turners & Green Woodworkers Ltd
Best wishes
Mark
----------------------------
I can spell but I cannot type.

Photos of the Chelmer and Blackwater canal
http://markbaigent.zenfolio.com/chelmer_blackwater
Baggy
Regular

Return to Events