Gwydyr Forest

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Gwydyr Forest

Postby Rolf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 pm

I will be travelling from Dumfries to near Gwydyr Forest Park this weekend ( and may do so several times this year)
Is there any green wood event going on this weekend 4th and 5th February, at, or within an hours travel of Gwydyr, that I could join in ?
My wife will be having a 'Girls weekend' with my daughter west of Liverpool, and I am driving her down to the airport on Friday evening, and driving her back on Sunday afternoon, so I need something to do for a day and a half.
I am reasonably fit and healthy, have my own wellingtons, chainsaw, axe and brashing knife - give me something to do and a cup of tea now and again !
Rolf

Location: Drumlanrig Castle, Thornhill, Dumfriesshire, Scotland

Re: Gwydyr Forest

Postby gavin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Having worked with Rolf at various shows in past years and having booked him for all the show days I have this year, I can tell you the man is a Trojan for hard continuous work - and great fun to be with.

If you were thinking of doing any greenwoody thing that weekend in the area he refers to, do contact him. You'll have more fun and get more done with Rolf than without him. ( He does need to be told to stop and drink tea or eat his lunch - else he just keeps going.)
Gavin Phillips

- teacher, demonstrator & supporter of greenwoodworking & human-powered turning
- Supplier of Fun & Confidence

info@shed-therapy.com
http://www.shed-therapy.com
gavin
Regular

Return to Events