Wille Sunqvist DVD and book re-print :)

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Wille Sunqvist DVD and book re-print :)

Postby ToneWood » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:40 am

From Drew langsner's Countryworkshop News Letter, today: http://www.countryworkshops.org/newsletter42/index.html

Wille Sundqvist Video Project Update

We wish to thank everyone who participated in the fundraiser for the Wille Sundqvist Video Project. The Kick Starter account closed at $13,575 and we received $3,605 in checks sent to Country Workshops. These are mostly donations from supporters in the U.S. In Sweden the cultural ministry provided a grant of about $15,000. The Sundqvist family also contributed to the project.

Recording the material with professional quality video has become an on-going process during these summer months. The big work push for this project is post-production editing. This will include translations with subtitles in English.

While editing is in progress both Wille and Jögge Sundqvist will be hand crafting the gifts promised to project contributors. All supporters will also receive a copy of the DVD.

As of now there isn’t a firm date for completion of the project. We are hoping that the Taunton Press reprint of Wille’s book “Swedish Carving Techniques” will be out when the DVD is released. Of course copies of the DVD and book will be available for purchase through the CW Store.
Last edited by ToneWood on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToneWood
Regular

Re: Wille Sunqvist DVD and book re-print :)

Postby ToneWood » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Looks like we discovered this too late to contribute - but thankfully the DVD has already been successfully "crowd funded" using the Kickstarter website: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/761 ... an-wille-s . They were aiming for at least $5K but actually got pledges of $13,575 (2.7x the goal) - apparently they reached their goal within 24 hours :)

.pdf: http://www.pinewoodforge.com/images/Pro ... dqvist.pdf
Last edited by ToneWood on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToneWood
Regular

Postby ToneWood » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:19 pm

6 min Promotional Video: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/761 ... video.html

Good to see the master at work but, at 89 years old, I couldn't help thinking perhaps Jogge might have done the heavier axe/adze work for him (on camera, passing the baton as it were). But perhaps that is missing the point...this is a video portrait of the man and his work.

Hope they re-print his book in English as they are aiming for. This is one book I'd be happy to buy again (I've got the German version) - perhaps we should each aim to buy a spare or two as well, just in case it goes out of print again.
ToneWood
Regular

Postby arborrider » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:25 am

Good to hear that the book will be back in print. Current used and new Amazon usa prices are bit too much for this boy. Even though our local library system has one copy would appreciate a personal copy along with the new DVD. Looking forward to the release.
noelh
I may be dull, but my blades are sharp:)
arborrider
Regular

Location: Bayview Township, northwoods of Wisconsin along the SouthShore of Lake Superior

Postby TrevorML » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:43 am

Likewise I missed the KickStarter offer… does any one know when and where it will be available from? and cost?

cheers
Trevor
TrevorML

Postby tagnut69 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Any further news regarding the book and video?
tagnut69
Regular

Postby ToneWood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Yes there is, the book is back in print and available from Amazon:
Swedish Carving Techniques by Wille Sundqvist

More on books here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2271&p=24875

And Peter Follansbee kindly just posted a thread explaining where to get the DVD: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2981&p=25050#p25050 :)
ToneWood
Regular

Return to Events