news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Hertfordshire Spoon Club

Postby Ade Lloyd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi all

Exciting new venture!!!

Invites are open for Herts Spoonclub!

www.facebook.com/hertsspoons

The last Saturday in every month is open for spoons, scoops, bowls and burrs at our place in Hertfordshire.

For those that struggle with dates it'll be open as follows:

Saturday 28th September 2013
Saturday 26th October 2013
Saturday 30th November 2013
Saturday 28th December 2013 (festive spoons only!)
Saturday 25th January 2014
Saturday 22nd February 2014
Saturday 29th March 2014
Saturday 26th April 2014
Saturday 31st May 2014
Saturday 28th June 2014
Saturday 26th July 2014
Saturday 30th August 2014

Carving starts from 09:00 and down tools is at 19:00 - followed by beer and wine for interested parties (not necessarily provided but hedgerow cocktails always available for sampling!). Times are daylight dependent but not weather - hardcore carving come rain, wind or snow!

Communal lunch provided for £5.00 a head - soup, bread, salad and pickles etc.

Free flowing tea, coffee, cakes and biscuits will be provided - contributions to kitty will be welcome.

Chopping blocks will be available or you can bring your own if they are special!!! Bring your own tools at this stage but there are plenty that you can try out if you're looking for a new purchase! I plan to able to provide some tools in the near future.

There won't be any direct teaching but I'm sure there'll be plenty of folk happy to share their knowledge, skills and understanding of all things sloyd!

Probably a good idea to bring something to sit on although I can sort this out if needs be!

All contributions of Spoon wood welcome from those with direct access to materials - otherwise it'll be mainly birch, hazel and some willow!

Might plan to see if I can get some guest carvers along to some sessions, but this might might involve covering some expenses!!!

A message a couple of days before would be great for catering purposes - either through Facebook, through email at arlloyd@me.com, or by a text to 07813 878853.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in September - you'll have to message to find out where it's at anyway!

Cheers

Ade
Ade Lloyd

Return to Events