Irish Forestry Woodland and Bio Energy show 9th May 2015

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Irish Forestry Woodland and Bio Energy show 9th May 2015

Postby Kevin Downing » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:04 pm

I got an email from the IFW organisation with an application form for the Irish Forestry, Woodland and Bio Energy show. It is to be held at Stadbally, Co. Laois, (middle of Ireland and just over an hour from Dublin) on 9th and 10th May 2015. I replied and said I would circulate the date to APT members but that it clashes with our own annual gathering. I offered that we could do a log to leg plus other demonstrations similar to what we did at the Forestry Exhibition at Ragley Hall in September 2014 but that we normally get sponsorship and something towards travel costs. I will post any reply I get on this forum when I get it. I am planning to be at the Bodgers Ball not the IFW show.
http://www.ifwshow.ie/TIMBER2015/Home.html
Attachments
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Kevin Downing
Regular

Re: Irish Forestry Woodland and Bio Energy show 9th May 2015

Postby Kevin Downing » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 am

I think it is too ambitious to organise a team of log to leg racers for the IFW show in Ireland in May 2015. I am going to suggest to them to aim for their next show which is in 2017 and it gives time to investigate sponsorship and whether the APT could provide a group of turners and other demonstrators. And there might not be a clash of dates by 2017.
Kevin Downing
Regular

Return to Events