Bodgers Ball 2015

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Re: Bodgers Ball 2015

Postby ijdickinson » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Great, thanks Alan. I did indeed get my joining instructions by email today.

Now I just have to remember where I stored my tent :)

Ian
ijdickinson

Postby chainsawkid » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:22 pm

We have been looking forward to the Ball as usuall even though this year is a little more complicated than some others and we are very glad preparations are going well specially as the correct weather organisation has been sorted!!! :roll:

@ Darrell.... Are you sorted out for a tent yet? I have a small 3person tent I could bring along if needed. It is a modernish dome tent with an inner sleeping compartment of about 6ft sq and a porch area about 4ftx 6ft to keep. Just leet me know and I'll bring it along.
James Pumfrey
http://jamesthebowl.blogspot.co.uk/ Turning tales in Sussex
chainsawkid
Regular

Postby Darrell » Fri May 01, 2015 1:09 am

James,

Gavin offered a tent, but he said it was small and if we got a better offer we would be well advised to take it. So YES we would be most grateful for the loan of a tent!

We'll be there sometime on Friday afternoon, probably head straight for the pub tent for a half pint of cider to restore us after the 5500 km trip. I'll try to find a Canadian flag to stick on my hat to make me easy to locate when she loses me in the crowd.

This will be our first Ball as well, so I'm sure we'll be frantic trying to take it all in at once.

Darrell
already packing!
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
Darrell
Regular

Postby Jack » Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 am

Hi Darrell.
Dont forget to bring a mug each. There are are tea and (instant) coffee making facilities, so you can get by without a stove. Please ask away if there are other things you need to borrow. Someone may have them. For example... You ok for sleeping mats? I have 1 spare foam one.

John
Jack
Regular

Postby Chas » Fri May 01, 2015 1:46 pm

ijdickinson wrote:Looking forwards to attending my first Ball this year (even though I've been a member for 3 years or so!). A question though: I bought my ticket a few weeks ago, but other than a confirmation email from PayPal I've not heard anything. Do I just show up on the day with a printout of the PayPal receipt, or should I have had some [electronic] paperwork come through?

Thanks,
Ian

PS Any tips for first-time Ball attendees?

This will be my first Ball as well, I've only been a member for the last couple of months. I got my information sheet via e-mail yesterday and have printed it off so as we don't forget anything.

Having been to Walesby Forest Camp a couple of times before with another organisation. I assume the correct entrance for the "Bodgers Ball" will be signposted as there are three entrances onto the site that I know of and they are all off Brake Road.
Chas

Postby Andrew » Fri May 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Have tools for self reliance been invited again this year?
Andrew
Regular

Postby AlanE » Fri May 01, 2015 11:24 pm

hi chas
if you follow the instructions from the A1 , as you go over the hump back bridge ( over a small river) , you will notice a field with a large marque and an entrance on the left. cannot miss it. You are there !.
There will be notices as you get near as well.
AlanE
Regular

Postby Chas » Sun May 03, 2015 12:10 am

AlanE wrote:hi chas
if you follow the instructions from the A1 , as you go over the hump back bridge ( over a small river) , you will notice a field with a large marque and an entrance on the left. cannot miss it. You are there !.
There will be notices as you get near as well.

Thanks Alan
Chas

Postby redsquirrel » Mon May 04, 2015 8:35 pm

I take it, then, that the area is not as depicted on google maps, as all entrances are on the RHS if coming from the A1.
redsquirrel
Regular

Postby VeggiesCatering » Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Veggies Catering Campaign from Nottingham are pleased to be providing catering at this year's Bodgers Ball.

Our menu may be seen at http://www.veggies.org.uk/catering/events-menu/

We hope to supplement this with some additional meals eg fresh hot soups, curry, pasta meals, etc.

We can also bring a a supply of wholefood ingredients for those self catering.
If this is of interest please let us by midday Thursday the kind of things you could use, (or sooner to discuss).
Contact details: http://www.veggies.org.uk/contact/
VeggiesCatering

Postby Chas » Wed May 06, 2015 12:56 pm

VeggiesCatering wrote:Veggies Catering Campaign from Nottingham are pleased to be providing catering at this year's Bodgers Ball.
Our menu may be seen at http://www.veggies.org.uk/catering/events-menu/
We hope to supplement this with some additional meals eg fresh hot soups, curry, pasta meals, etc.
We can also bring a a supply of wholefood ingredients for those self catering.
If this is of interest please let us by midday Thursday the kind of things you could use, (or sooner to discuss).

I'm guessing that us meat eaters are fending for ourselves then. Looks like a trip to the supermarket tomorrow then :wink:
Chas

Postby Chas » Wed May 06, 2015 1:08 pm

Traffic update for those of you using the A1 to get to the Bodgers Ball.
There are roadworks in both directions on the A1 between the junctions with the A614 and the A46. Expect disruption until 6:00 pm on 1 September 2015.
Also from 8pm on Friday 10 April until 6am on Monday 13 April the A1 will be fully closed from the off-slip road at Apleyhead to the northbound slip road at Twyford Bridge.
Chas

Postby VeggiesCatering » Wed May 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Chas wrote:I'm guessing that us meat eaters are fending for ourselves then. Looks like a trip to the supermarket tomorrow then :wink:

We'll do our best for you Chas. Veggies Catering is intended to be accessible to all diets & cultures - many people will hopefully enjoy burgers, samosas, pasties and yumtious cakes! :wink: :wink: 8)
VeggiesCatering

Postby AlanE » Wed May 06, 2015 7:11 pm

hi chas and all those going to the ball
Just Had a quick word with Andy alder about the ball (he is on site now ) .
The options for eating are Romano's (meat for us carnivores) ,Veggies Catering Campaign (veg see previous posts).These will be available from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon .
on site access to two large barbeques ,barrel drums.(one for meat the other for veg)
There will be free tea, coffee and biscuits available ( feel free to add to the biscuit tin ).
Most people are also willing to share their cooking facilities.
He and is team are still busy this evening 7.00 pm Wednesday . marque is up !(last year the organisers where fighting a wind that nearly blew the marque away) everything is running smoothly.
Hope to see you all there
Alan E
AlanE
Regular

Postby Jack » Wed May 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi all.
Thanks for the updates Alan and Chas.
We are having exactly the same high winds here in Sussex today as we had for the BB last year. Glad to hear its better there. Forecast not looking too bad. Expecting good food, good beer and good company. That's what I call a good forecast... Was hoping to go up Thursday to help the guys and girls set up but sadly got a funeral to go to first so arriving Friday pm. Really looking forward to this BB. May even do some woodwork type stuff while the bar is closed.:o
Jack
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Events