Bodgers Ball 2015

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Re: Bodgers Ball 2015

Postby chainsawkid » Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for all the updates and a very special Thanks for the veggie food option, Am looking forward to a Hemp burger!!! :mrgreen:

@ Darrell... I'm not sure if you'll see this before you get to the Ball but the tent is packed! I'll be near the 2 Sussex shelters (large Mike Abbott style green and white striped shelters) Looking forward to meeting you.

Looking forward to a beer :D

james
James Pumfrey
http://jamesthebowl.blogspot.co.uk/ Turning tales in Sussex
chainsawkid
Regular

Postby Darrell » Thu May 07, 2015 7:30 pm

awesome.
I hope there are non-vegan food options, as my wife is allergic to legumes. I see there seems to be, so we are good!
Everything is packed, overnight flight booked, we'll probably end up on site late in the afternoon.
No, wait, forgot the camera!
NOW everything is packed.
oh, and I'll have the hard cider instead of beer :)

Time to get into that most difficult of mindsets: the happy smiling air traveler

Darrell
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
Darrell
Regular

Postby Davie Crockett » Mon May 11, 2015 1:53 pm

What a fab weekend! I'd like to add my thanks to this years organisers for a superbly run show! Well done all!

We've gained new members because of it as my guests signed up. (Both very impressed with the friendly and informative atmosphere).

Thank you.
AKA Dave Munday
Davie Crockett
Regular

Postby Wiffa1 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Please remember to clean your tools from the wood tannins in the sweet chestnut. This is a public information announcement from the Andy's site crew orange jacket brigade!
I also hope you all had a great time and got home safely. I know wearing one of those orange high viz jackets was a blast. Thanks for making it so much fun for us all and leaving such an immaculate field. x
Wiffa1
Regular

Postby redsquirrel » Mon May 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Well I had a super time, all those years I missed. Thanks to everybody who did more than I did, er, that is everybody :oops:
redsquirrel
Regular

Postby Darrell » Tue May 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Well we finally have access to wifi so i can say "WOW" and thank you. this was our first BB and it wax a great adventure. So many of you went out of your way to make the event a most enjoyable experience.

Kevin pesuaded me to join him in the inaugural egg & spoon race and while we didn't win we had a lot of fun. Then he asked me to be on a team for the log to leg race. I am certainly glad I accepted the challenge. Our team was an international effort, with members from Ireland, France, and Canada. Jane said she had very little experience in the lathe, and I had never tried to turn in a hurry. I was the team's runner, and gave the sprint everything i had. I gave the MC a big hug when i arrived because he asked for that in the egg&spoon race. I figured the rule wss still in play for L2L. As it turned out our team Won, beating out the team fielded by the world champion, Peter Wood.

Kathy and i had an awesome time at the BB, and many thanks to all those who organised and ran the event.
Darrell
Darrell
Regular

Postby Terry in Ottawa » Wed May 13, 2015 2:39 am

Darrell, I'm envious that you made it to the Bodger Ball before I did. It also doesn't surprise me that your team did well in the competition.

Hope you can bring that enthusiasm back to Ontario.

Congratulations.

Terry
Terry in Ottawa
Regular

Postby Kevin Downing » Wed May 13, 2015 9:23 am

Darrell,
Lynda Mallet and her husband (Newfoundland members) called to the Ball on Sunday 5pm and was disappointed not to meet you, you and Kathy had already left. I was still packing. They had been at another event which they could not get rearranged so as to make it to both. She says you could look her up in the members list.
Well done to the Ball coordinator and local group for another fine gathering. Thanks to my fellow team members both Jane and Darrell in the log to leg racing. The adrenaline was still rushing many miles after I left the site. I cant wait for the next ball.
Regards,
Kevin
Kevin Downing
Regular

Postby Paul Thornton 2sheds » Thu May 14, 2015 10:26 am

an awesome ball thanks all -

who was the chap working bark opposite where i was set up with Paul Bartlett and next to Woodland Craft supplies?
learning more every day
Paul Thornton 2sheds
Regular

Postby Darrell » Sun May 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Here are a few pix we took at the Ball.

We have loads more, will need some time to load them up.

Darrell
Darrell
Regular

Postby Darrell » Wed May 27, 2015 3:53 am

I've added an album full of pictures to the Gallery, accessible from the front page https://www.bodgers.org.uk/gallery/main.php

By the way, was there a certificate of some sort that came with the Log to Leg prize? I was hoping to get a copy to hang in my shop...

Darrell
Darrell
Regular

Postby tvanwynen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Hello all,
wow, it is already June. Catching up on the memories from the Bodger's Ball, looking for pictures of the event, especially from Sunday since I had to leave early. Looks like I missed a lot of the fun. But I had a wonderful time and am already scheming how I will make it back next year.

Thanks to everyone for including a wanderer from the Americas.

tomvw
tvanwynen

Previous

Return to Events