APF 2016 Woodland Craft Area & The Game Fair

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

APF 2016 Woodland Craft Area & The Game Fair

Postby HughSpencer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:05 pm

Jim Steele passed this message on from Ian Millward. Jim says Ian is a genuine nice guy looking to promote the woodland crafts at the events he organises. They are expecting about 100,000 visitors this year.
Hi Everyone

As you are probably all aware APF 2016 returns to the same site at Ragley on the 15/16/17th September. Exhibitor bookings have been excellent and we are on course for the biggest show yet. We also welcome the return of the World Poleclimbing Championships, The European Chainsaw Carving Championships and the World Log To Leg pole lathe championships. In addition Toby from Say it With Wood and Rebecca Oaks from The National Coppice Federation are going to be putting on three days of workshops focused on the forest worker.

The Woodland Craft area has become one of our most popular attractions and we would like to make it as big and as comprehensive this year as we possibly can and feature as many different woodland craft skills as possible. If you have not already booked in with us can you please let me know if you are able to attend again? If you know of any other other craft workers with different skills who might be interested can you pass on our details to them or let me have a contact number or email? I attach a booking form. https://www.bodgers.org.uk/pdf/Exhibitor%20Booking%20Form.pdf

By coincidence The Game Fair (formally known as the CLA Game Fair) is also at Ragley this year on the 29/30/31st July. Since taking over from the CLA they are seeking to return to its core countryside roots and have asked me to see if we can put on a mini APF with working demonstrations of woodland crafts as well as machinery. They are hoping for visitor number around the 100 000 mark. Stand space normally sells at £830 for 3m frontage! They have offered me free space if I can put on working demos. There is unfortunately no budget on offer but you would be free to sell any produce you have made. If you are interested can you let me know asap and indicate how much space you would need?

I look forward to hearing from you all soon

Regards

Ian

Exhibition Secretary Ian Millward
APF International Forest Machinery Exhibition Ltd
10 Warren Road
Reigate
Surrey RH2 0BN
Tel: 01737 245081 Mobile: 07831 644838
Email: info@apfexhibition.co.uk
Company No.: SC228249 VAT No. GB332 6209 81
Registered Office: 59 George St, Edinburgh EH2 2JG