Course promotion

post details and dates of courses on greenwood subjects

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Course promotion

Postby DannyH » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello fellow bodgers. I have a beautiful woodland in sussex and am a full-time woodworker who runs chairmaking courses occasionally. I am (modesty aside) a pretty good chairmaker and teacher but I'm rubbish at self promotion . I need to fill courses and am looking for ideas on how to promote my business . Please have a look at my website:sussexgreenwoodworking.co.ukand give me feedback as to what I can do better. Any other ideas on how I can get" out there" are very much appreciated. I bet there is someone who is red hot at business promotion who just loves giving advice to web-shy folk like me. Thanks
DannyH

Re: Course promotion

Postby Davie Crockett » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi Danny, Try posting in the Facebook Greenwoodworking Pages....https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreenWoodWork/ & https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreenExchange/....Don't post prices, get people to Private Message (PM) you for details. You could also try Streetlife.com for local (To you) interest.

Great website by the way!
AKA Dave Munday
Davie Crockett
Regular

Re: Course promotion

Postby davestovell » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Danny, Lovely looking website, clean and has a nice feel, clear and great photos. Maybe try and get yourself to the Bodgers ball and have a chat to fellow woodworkers there to get some ideas. Have you considered the social media path (twitter, instagram etc)? Have you looked at SEO (search engine optimization) which is the way you use page headings and photo names to increase search hits?
davestovell
Regular

Return to Courses