Book Prize of the Month

If you know or have a source of materials or are looking for them post here.

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Book Prize of the Month

Postby Ken Hume » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:59 am

The Oxfordshire Woodland Group would like to help wood users to find that special piece of wood, particular species or gain access to local woodlands to "pick your own" coppice products in the Oxon / Berks / Bucks area. The Oxfordshire Woodland Group awards a regular book prize for the best post made on their forum during the month. Check this out at http://oxfordshirewoodlandgroup.co.uk/forum/

October's book prize is "Meetings with Remarkable Trees" by Thomas Pakenham - a wonderfully illustrated colour book featuring many peculiar and outstanding trees. The Group Secretary and Executive Trustee shall decide upon the winner and contact same by PM to determine the recipient's mailing address to send the book prize (UK only). Winners names will be published on the forum only if permission is granted.

Keep checking back at the forum to see the latest book prize and materials on offer.

Ken Hume - Executive Trustee
The Oxfordshire Woodland Group
Ken Hume
Regular

Re: Book Prize of the Month

Postby SeanHellman » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Shame I live in Devon. If you want any training in green woodwork give us a shout. I did a couple of days for the Sussex and Surrey and CG this year in Ashford for there coppice week and I am looking to expand my teaching.
"Scarcely anything is original- it`s very hard to be totally inventive, so I am not terribly interested in originality. Vitality is all I care about" Clive James
Green wood courses, tools, demonstrations.
http://www.seanhellman.com/woodwork/
SeanHellman
Regular

Postby Ken Hume » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Shaun,

The OWG would be keen to run greenwood courses, ideally from members woodlands in Oxon, Bucks & Berks.

We are aiming to bring back some older neglected woodlands into production and since there are many woodland owners who do nothing with them I think that it's very likely that you will be welcomed with open arms.

If you have an idea then just post that on the web forum - you could win a prize !

Regards

Ken Hume
Ken Hume
Regular

Postby Paul Thornton 2sheds » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Good little forum there :D
learning more every day
Paul Thornton 2sheds
Regular

Postby Ken Hume » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 am

Hi,

The OWG forum book prize was awarded to a Bodger living in Wales.

Check out The Oxfordshire Woodland Group forum this week at http://oxfordshirewoodlandgroup.co.uk/forum/ when details about a number of woodland based and greenwood working course will be posted.

Remember to register and make a quality post (ideally with pics) to be considered for award of the November 2012 book prize.

Ken Hume
Executive Trustee - Oxfordshire Woodland Group
Ken Hume
Regular

Return to Sourcing Materials