supply of materials planks and round wood

If you know or have a source of materials or are looking for them post here.

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

supply of materials planks and round wood

Postby sylvanus shropshire » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 pm

hi new boy on the block here at apt gw been in the woody game for nearly 18 years can usually help with wood supply from local and ethical sources.
sylvanus shropshire

Re: supply of materials planks and round wood

Postby Nicola Wood » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 pm

The general advice we always give folk is to make friends with local people who cut trees down - tree surgeons, National Trust wardens, Wildlife Trust rangers, council gardeners etc. They are usually cutting for conservation purposes or because something needs to come down and are more than happy to part with it for a small donation. Look out for tree surgeon's vans parked by the side of the road - Robin has developed a sharp ear for the sound of a chipper - then stop and have a chat.

Also, if you say where abouts in Shropshire you are then you might find someone on here local to you who could give you some direct contacts.
Nicola Wood
Regular

Postby sylvanus shropshire » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 am

sorry am very new to the use of key boards and computers,should make myself clearer,have supplyed timber and planks to woody folk around the marcher area along the A 49 from leominster to shrewsbury,the timber is from 'better than fsc' woodlands.i was offering an ethical wood supply source any one wondering about the quality of the wood ,think back to the APF show last september i filled in when there was a shortage of wood for the log to leg race and other events over the week end.i am a very experienced greenwood worker,but have only dabbled with the pole lathe (though i was at the first ever bodgers ball at the greenwood trust in i think 1990?)any how hope to correspond like this more i obviously need the practise!!
sylvanus shropshire

Postby Nicola Wood » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

Oh, I get you now! I thought you were looking for wood rather than offering to supply, sorry.
Nicola Wood
Regular

Return to Sourcing Materials