Woody shows

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Woody shows

Postby redsquirrel » Tue May 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Are there any woody type events north of say York? There seem to be plenty in the south but they get sparse, or secretive, the furthur north you go.
redsquirrel
Regular

Re: Woody shows

Postby gavin » Wed May 13, 2015 6:07 pm

You are right, there are no dedicated woody shows - apart from sometimes ones for power woodturners.
FYI : Shed Therapy will be at Gardening Scotland 29 to 31 May, and Campsie Agric Show 8 Jun 2015 doing pole lathery and various have-a-go activities. Come visit us there if you will. But in now way is it like any of the pure wood shows down south.
Gavin Phillips

- teacher, demonstrator & supporter of greenwoodworking & human-powered turning
- Supplier of Fun & Confidence

info@shed-therapy.com
http://www.shed-therapy.com
gavin
Regular

Re: Woody shows

Postby gavin » Wed May 13, 2015 7:48 pm

No, not any pure woody shows up north.
Shed Therapy will be at Gardening Scotland 29 to 31 May and Campsie Show 8 June and Galloway Country Fair in Aug - but all these are general interest shows for which I get a fee for attending, and charge the public to have-a-go at some activities e.g. pencil making.

Should you attend any of these shows, do identify yourself to me. If you stick round, you'll be given a job involving working with the public, and having fun.

When you do shows right , you get paid by promoter and sell on the field. What I suggest you sell is have-a-go sessions and very little of your ware. The briefer the session, the better for you. I love pencil- making , for their hourly rate under ideal conditions is circa £80 per hour @ £3 per pencil - and sometimes we charge more :D :D . Admittedly, you may have to share that between at least 2 persons, but even so you'll understand why I both love and hate pencil making.
Gavin Phillips

- teacher, demonstrator & supporter of greenwoodworking & human-powered turning
- Supplier of Fun & Confidence

info@shed-therapy.com
http://www.shed-therapy.com
gavin
Regular

Return to Events