Coppicing tools bring and buy sale

discussion of anything related to tools

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Coppicing tools bring and buy sale

Postby Toby Allen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 pm

All welcome to the tool sale on Saturday February 1st, at Pepenbury, Pembury, Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Bring along your unloved gems to sell, swap or buy some one else's. From a chainsaw to a tractor, billhook, balertwine, axes, chisels or any other woodland tools that need a new owner. We have already had a lot of interest, with some exciting tools being brought along.
Donations on the gate to Pepenbury (http://www.pepenbury.info/), who are kindly allowing us to have a great get together, raise some money for a nice charity, and break up the winter. This will be the first of a run of informal events to bring coppice workers together, with the intention to strengthen the national network.
Any offers of help, either with promoting or making the day run smoothly (or organising more) welcome.
Refreshments will be provided by Pepenbury cafe
For more information please call Matt (07796804419) or Toby (07811852704).
Look out for the fliers and adverts in January.
Tell all your friends and put it in your diary.
Toby Allen
Regular

Re: Coppicing tools bring and buy sale

Postby Robin Fawcett » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:13 am

Cheers for that Toby - the date's gone in next years diary...
http://www.facebook.com/GreenWoodwork?ref=tn_tnmn[url=http://www.treewright.co.uk/]
Green woodwork courses, treen, demonstrations & talks http://www.treewright.co.uk[/url]
Robin Fawcett
Site Admin

Postby paganfrog » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:39 pm

ah thats a shame. i would have like to get the chance to come to this for getting some tools but im not near.
paganfrog

Postby Billman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Anyone going from SW Wiltshire (A350, A36, A303) would like a passenger to share petrol costs??
Collector and restorer of old agricultural edge tools, especially billhooks
Billman
Regular

Postby Darren » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm not far away. I'll shall stick it in the diary.
Darren
Regular

Postby Toby Allen » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 pm

We could do with some help promoting the event and on the day, any offers ?

Let me know if you would like me to email a flier to you to print off and display in chainsaw / tool/ agricultural shops (or anywhere else you can think of).
toby@sayitwithwood.co.uk
Toby Allen
Regular

Postby Darren » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:42 am

I could certainly help promote this with a flyer.
Darren
Regular

Postby Toby Allen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Bump.

We have had a lot of interest in the sale, and there are people coming from all over the country. Which is making me think we should start the ball rolling for one somewhere else in a few months.

There have also been some rumours of interesting kit coming.

Personally I'll be bringing pictures of my forwarding trailer which is up for sale, likewise if my RB44 is still for sale it will be coming (any one that wants to get in first give me a ring...). I'll also have handtools, cordless drill, electric chainsaw, lots of chains with 50% life left, powerhammer, and maybe a diesel sawbench.

Any one else bringing good stuff ?

See you there.
Toby Allen
Regular

Postby Toby Allen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Bump.

We have had a lot of interest in the sale, and there are people coming from all over the country. Which is making me think we should start the ball rolling for one somewhere else in a few months.

There have also been some rumours of interesting kit coming.

Personally I'll be bringing pictures of my forwarding trailer which is up for sale, likewise if my RB44 is still for sale it will be coming (any one that wants to get in first give me a ring...). I'll also have handtools, cordless drill, electric chainsaw, lots of chains with 50% life left, powerhammer, and maybe a diesel sawbench.

Any one else bringing good stuff ?

See you there.
Toby Allen
Regular

Postby Toby Allen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:41 pm

It's next weekend !!

Grab a bargain, sell some tools, meet new contacts, eat a sausage or 2, and raise some money for a great organisation.

There has been a lot of interest, and some good stuff entered. From axes and billhooks, to sawbenches, peeler pointer and a stroke processor.
If you need help unloading give me a ring (07811852704), there will be a board for displaying adverts for kit to big to bring.

Sell tools out the back of your car or truck, come early as it looks like it's going to be a busy day.

See you next week.
Toby Allen
Regular

Postby Toby Allen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:42 pm

It's next weekend !!

Grab a bargain, sell some tools, meet new contacts, eat a sausage or 2, and raise some money for a great organisation.

There has been a lot of interest, and some good stuff entered. From axes and billhooks, to sawbenches, peeler pointer and a stroke processor.
If you need help unloading give me a ring (07811852704), there will be a board for displaying adverts for kit to big to bring.

Sell tools out the back of your car or truck, come early as it looks like it's going to be a busy day.

See you next week.
Toby Allen
Regular

Return to Tools