Who's the most succesful green woodworker you know?

Whatever you are currently working on, post it here! A chance to share what you are currently up to. Whether you write books on the subject, or you've just put metal onto wood for the very first time, show us what you are doing! Moderators will move posts from other threads if they feel they really belong here."

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Re: Who's the most succesful green woodworker you know?

Postby robin wood » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

mstibs wrote:
robin wood wrote:footie was a bit crap tonight

condolences ... :?

condolences :D
http://www.robin-wood.co.uk bowls, books and courses
robin wood
Regular

Postby witt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Not only concise, spare, and well-argued but also challenging ...
witt
Regular

Postby witt » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:15 am

Allow me to help, then. And make a tale-like to my puzzled little friends.

The dog - I turned round and asked the referee where the master was, as I thought it would be worth seeing.
"There" he answered, pointing with astonishing vigour in the direction of an aeroplane invisible to all. I felt utterly deprived of the use of every faculty as the corners of his mouth couldn't help going up.
"It is puzzling, said I, and why is it that a dog can't devote himself to the mere substance of his beliefs ?"
"It is puzzling." He admitted.
" Oh, yes indeed, intensely. And why is it that a dog does not see things from the inside, like its thinking ?"
"What a curious idea !" He ventured to say.
"Was he happy ?"
"Don't know, he said, I've never heard if it was vain for a dog to seek to unburden his feelings as a man does."
Decidedly, understanding no more than victory was that day's object. The material with which we had to cope was still just too voluminous to be digested by a dog. In my appeal to our understanding, I should not press more by pointing before us to another antithesis. So I turned to the lovespoon which was resting on a pink cushioned piedestal :
"Do you fear fetishists?" (to the lovespoon, apparently)
"No, fetishists have to fear me cause I've no pride, no shame, no dignity !"
"Well, may-be you should ! Besides, you've disappointed us ! What penalty are you prepared to pay ?"
The lovespoon carelessly replied : "who cares?" when she should have replied "Must think..."
As this was the last celebration for the lovespoon's people, I wished also that the penalty was rightly conducted.
A mirror was given to the lovespoon and any infidelity to its new image would not be excused hereafter. The lovespoon was also sentenced to a long life of boredom spent honourably at philosophising.
I turned finally to the excellent rabbit -presumably white but the narrator prefered it of a blue-collar) which turned itself to his watch.
Though at that point the paths forward became more difficult to discern, the real work should have come.
"Is-it time for the real work ?"
The watch searched in its pocket for an answer but it really believed that what Mr excellent rabbit was asking for was more of a clockwork's work.
The five o'clock necessity for according persons and their interests, plus, at last, the six o'clock necessity for some kind of success, objective, as well as subjective, worthed ( with the precision of a mechanic.)
Surely, the idea that there shoul be more than one way to end this adequately grew irresistibly and an aimless violence in the narrator's behaviour vanished.
"Mr excellent rabbit, I do beleive you are starting back to a diner out and will enjoy the delightful pleasure of society ?"
witt
Regular

Postby robin wood » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 pm

What have you been smoking?
http://www.robin-wood.co.uk bowls, books and courses
robin wood
Regular

Postby witt » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:09 pm

You won't find it in an encyclopedia.
witt
Regular

Previous

Return to Member's Projects