Wooplaw weekend - 26 and 27 May

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Wooplaw weekend - 26 and 27 May

Postby Ian S » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi everyone

Slightly earlier notification than last year, but we're having our Green Woodworking Weekend on the last weekend in May - Sat 26th and Sun 27th May 2012 and you can arrive any time during the week and stay on afterwards if you like.

Think of it as a mini Bodger's Ball - we'll have lathes and a shavehorse for people to try out, and I'll probably have my bowl carving kit, so we'll have the bowlmate out as well. Bring your own lathes, shavehorses etc if you want to. We'll have some spooncarvers and furniture makers as well.

We'll make sure there's some green wood available (likely to be Alder, Birch or Sycamore) and we might have some Elm as well. I'll try and post here when we know what we will have.

Want to make your own lathe (£60), shavehorse (£40) or bench (£30)? Please contact us at greenwood@wooplaw.org.uk so we can organise the parts we make up beforehand. We already have a booking for a lathe and a shavehorse.

There's plenty of camping space throughout the woods, and we can light the BBQ if you bring some food. Bob tells me the geese and the deer are counted, however....

Contact info@wooplaw.org.uk for any more info or queries.

Advance warning

Wooplaw is 25 years old this year, and we’re the very first community woodland in Britain so we're having a big celebration first weekend in September - keep an eye out for further info a bit nearer the time!

More info about Wooplaw on our website and you can sign up for our e-mail newsletter to keep up to date with what’s happening or just check out our blog.
How sharp is sharp enough?
Ian S
Regular

Return to Events