Teddy Bears' picnic 2013 in Sloughhouse Wood

news of events, appeals for demonstrators, dates and contact details

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Teddy Bears' picnic 2013 in Sloughhouse Wood

Postby HughSpencer » Thu May 23, 2013 8:34 pm

TEDDY BEARS’ PICNIC IN SLOUGH HOUSE WOOD
Nick and Katie Abbott invite members to a Bodger’s weekend in Slough House Wood, Danbury, Essex from Saturday August 24th to Monday afternoon August 26th . For those who have not been before there is a large shelter to work in in wet weather, mains water, plenty of fire wood and a composting loo. You will need: a tent if you are staying the night, eating, drinking and cooking equipment, food and drink to use with it (though meals become very communal affairs so bring food that will mix, we suggest you bring rolls and something to BBQ on Saturday night and something that could go in a salad,) a lathe and/or shaving horse if you have one and some tools. We can supply green wood. We encourage the blacksmiths among you to come along with your gear and we can make charcoal for you.

We will provide builders’ tea bags, instant coffee, milk and sugar and endless hot water.

We had some of our oak trees milled with a wood mizer at the beginning of April and are willing to sell some. 2” 1 ½” and 1” by approx 8’ x 10” to 14”plus.

Please let us know if you are coming, e-mail us at chairs (at) nkabbott.co.uk and if you’ve not been before we will send you directions

Nick and Katie Abbott
HughSpencer
Site Admin

Re: Teddy Bears' picnic 2013 in Sloughhouse Wood

Postby Baggy » Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 am

These are great weekends and I shall be there again :-)
Best wishes
Mark
----------------------------
I can spell but I cannot type.

Photos of the Chelmer and Blackwater canal
http://markbaigent.zenfolio.com/chelmer_blackwater
Baggy
Regular

Return to Events