East Midlands Mentor Needed

post details and dates of courses on greenwood subjects

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

East Midlands Mentor Needed

Postby Wiffa1 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 am

I have been offered a grant for training by Lantra. The grant is to encourage women into areas of agriculture forestry or fishing that is traditionally male dominated. The grant is basicly for £450 with me raising a further £200 making a training budget of £650. At the moment I am not employed in green wood working but i am keen to move into this line of work. This is not a problem for me to get the grant but what i do need is a mentor.The mentor has to be a person whom I can meet with who would be willing to meet with me and review my progress. This person needs to have skills in green wood craft. I would like to see my role with the mentor as me doing some form of voluntary work with them and they can then review my progress and so i can give something back to the mentor too. I need to do this fairly swiftly as the training courses need to be completed by the middle of next February which is when this financial years funding runs out. sadly this funding may run out after this time. I am considering going onto a weeks course chair making at the end of November but i need to have a recognised Mentor in place before then. I have a vast array of tools, my own pole lathe and shave horse I am a reasonably good wood carver too. If any one could offer any help advise or a good course I could go on I would really appreciate it. Please contact me if you need any more information and I will do my best to give it to you.
Wiffa1
Regular

Return to Courses