Insurance in Ireland

If you want to advertise for a demonstrator or offer your services add your details here

Moderators: jrccaim, Bob_Fleet, gavin, Robin Fawcett, HughSpencer

Insurance in Ireland

Postby Terence » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I'll be demonstrating green woodworking in Ireland in a couple of weeks and am wondering if APLT & GW membership gives me public liability cover for Ireland as well as the UK? I've e-mailed the insurance@bodgers.org.uk address and asked for a certificate to be forwarded but haven't got a response and need to find out soon so I can get other cover in Ireland if required.

Thought someone here might know. Thanks.
Terence
Regular

Re: Insurance in Ireland

Postby Kevin Downing » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Terence,

Have you done your demonstration? How did you get on with insurance? I am currently searching for insurance here in Ireland from a broker but the guy I am in contact with is very slow and does not know about this industry. So, looking through the ask and answer I found a discussion thread called Living in a sue-age society. I am not sure how to quote the link here. Anyhow, it mentions NFU and Ian W. Wallace. Have you tried them? The Wallace website mentions under Optional Cover, persons normally resident in the UK but temporarily working overseas.
http://www.craft-insurance.ie/what-is-covered-ind.htm
I am only reading through this website now.

Kevin
Kevin Downing
Regular

Postby Terence » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 am

These guys do craft worker insurance that covers UK and Ireland: http://www.padraicsmith.ie/craft-workers-insurance.asp. Was looking for a way of avoiding the 170euro premium considering it was for a one off demo but the only option was a years cover. Its a crafts council of ireland scheme so you have to be registered with CCOI
Terence
Regular

Postby Éamonn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:01 pm

How did ye get on with this? I'm facing the same problem and have just started looking into it. So far it seems ATW members' insurance doesn't cover Ireland anyway.

Éamonn
Éamonn

Postby Kevin Downing » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Eamonn,
As per Terence's message, you have to register with the Crafts Council of Ireland (CCoI) then go to Padraic Smith and they insure you as a craftsman. They have 5 levels of insurance.
Regards
Kevin
Kevin Downing
Regular

Postby gavin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Éamonn wrote:How did ye get on with this? I'm facing the same problem and have just started looking into it. So far it seems ATW members' insurance doesn't cover Ireland anyway.

Éamonn

Have you contacted the insurance person to confirm this?
Gavin Phillips

- teacher, demonstrator & supporter of greenwoodworking & human-powered turning
- Supplier of Fun & Confidence

info@shed-therapy.com
http://www.shed-therapy.com
gavin
Regular

Return to Demonstrators