Order your tickets here (APT Members only)
The purpose of this, the official Association of Polelathe Turners & Greenwood Workers web site, is to promote green woodworking and all its associated crafts so that once again the woodlands of the world are nurtured and valued as a source of employment and enjoyment.
If you would like to be involved in the running of the APT&GW, even in a small way please read the Chairman's call for volunteeers.
We are pleased to announce that you can now use Paypal to subscribe to APT & GW membership. You can also use one of the other methods listed. Subscribers to the APT & GW receive a quarterly magazine called the Bodger's Gazette. See Gazette pages
Local groups meet informally and can regularly be found in several places. Some have their own news pages on this site. If you are looking for bodgers local to you try posting a request on the Ask and Answer bulletin board. Or take a look at the list of local Local Groups
The Ask and Answer bulletin board is a goldmine of information about greenwood working with experts from around the world contributing excellent answers to questions posed and loads more besides.
If you have events for this year please drop me a line or use the Ask & Answer bulletin board to advertise your event.
Bodgers Ball 2015
The Bodgers Ball will be held on Friday the 8th May through to Sunday the 10th May 2015 at
Tickets will be sold on-line via this web site.
Organising and running the Ball takes a lot of effort and many hands can make lighter work, so if you are interested in helping out before, during or after the Ball please contact
Anyone interested in attending a course is urged to contact the tutor directly. Some tutors have a set diary and some will run bespoke courses.
This scheme continues for 2015 – with just one minor change to the list of insurers participating in the insurance coverage.
For just £20.00 a year you get;
- A quarterly Gazette with news views and articles on all aspects of Green Woodworking. 2008 saw the introduction of colour photographs to the gazette
- The chance to attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is normally held the second weekend in May after the first bank holiday
- Vote on how the organisation progresses and elect, or even stand for the committee!
- Attend the Bodger's Ball at the same weekend
- Win prizes for your creations
- Meet hundreds of other Bodgers and Green Woodworkers
- Learn new skills in masterclasses and enjoy excellent food at the party
Links to some video and pictures